2) Joe Grant (28): 2 great HR finishes including 2nd at HR last year. He's also run Iditirod, Bighorn, UTMB. Seeing him run through Pole Creek last year in hot pursuit of Dakota and Hal was inspiring... He's definitely going for the W and has a great shot this year.
3) Jared Campbell (33): He's done Nolan's 14, Wasatch, HRx3, C2M, Bighorn, Bear, and he's made sweet how to glissade instructional videos. A definite contender for 1st as well.
4) Matt Hart (38): <20 Bear finish, Grindstone, HR, won TRT.
5) Troy Howard (40): Leadville, Wasatch, WS, HR, Bear, AC.
6) Jamil Coury (28): Mogollon Monster, Leadville, AC, WS. He also has been living in Silverton for awhile, making us all jealous that we're not there yet.
Other top dogs in order of who I think will finish first:
-Karl Meltzer (would have him higher if he didn't just race WS)
What about the Woman!? I'm sure at least half of that list above will get chicked... But by which ladies? Someone please inform me.
Where will I land? Hopefully the top 10. I feel well acclimated, after a month in my Hypoxico tent, and after spending a week backpacking the JMT with my good buddy and one of my HR pacers Mike Chamoun. I've put in some solid weeks with lots of climbing at moderate elevation. I have run about 8 miles in the last 2 weeks, which doesn't feel quite right... We'll see how well my 220mi back packing trip works as training.